Chicken soups like this one are cooked worldwide, because it’s easy, quick, tasty and healthy food. I make chicken soup my way – try it, I think you’ll like it. You will need 3 l. pot.
- 1 onion bulb (50-100 g)
- 1 small carrot (50-100 g)
- 400 g of chicken fillet
- 300 g potatoes
- 100 g of frozen sweet corn seeds
- 0,5 tsp of freshly grounded black pepper
- 2,5 tsp of salt
- 75-100 g of small-sized pasta (stars, letters, rings, capellini etc.). My soups are usually rich of ingredients. If they are too thick, I just add some boiling water and stir, when serving. If you have only medium-sized pasta like penne or farfalle, it will become huge, though the taste of soup will be the same.
For gluten free version – use gluten free pasta, f.e. break some glass noodles in advance, so they will fit the spoon.
1. Peel vegetables. Cut onion and carrot in small cubes and fry them in some oil until golden brown.
2. Dice potatoes and slice or dice chicken fillet.
3. Add all ingredients (except pasta) to a pot, add cold water (together with ingredients the amount should reach 2,5 l. level). Bring to a boil. There will be building some chicken foam – just stir it, it won’t affect soup, foam is nutritious and the broth will stay clear. Reduce the heat, cover and cook 10 min.
4. Add star pasta, cook some more minutes (for cooking time see pasta package).
5. Switch off the stove and leave the soup covered for some time to achieve more rich taste.