This recipe you can use as a vegetarian or add meatballs or diced/sliced chicken fillet. Of course if you make minced meat specially for this recipe, it won’t be quick. But you can make 1-2 kg of minced meat in advance, shape meatballs of any size, freeze it and use when needed.
I had some uncooked patties in a freezer, so I’ve just defrosted them in microwave oven (180 W, 2 min. for 1 side, 2 min. for the other) and reshaped to meatballs. Fried patties will be also good – just dice them and add at step 3.
If you want to add slices of chicken fillet instead of meatballs – you will need to add some salt and grounded black pepper also. Some minced onion will be good too. At least you can buy minced meat or precooked meatballs.
Ingredients-1 (for meatballs):
- 150 g of meat
- 20 g of onion
- 0,5 tsp of salt
- A pinch of grounded black pepper
- For soft meatballs add some breadcrumbs or a piece of stale white bread soaked in some milk
- 150 g of pasta
- 300 ml of water
- A pinch of salt
- 80 ml of cream, 10% fat
- 80 g of sliced cheese (gouda, mozzarella etc)
- 2-3 tsp of mustard (I use Russian, it’s spicy, but you may use any)
1. Fry meatballs at high heat until golden brown.
2. Add list #2, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat. Cooking time – see the package of pasta + 2 min. (don’t add 2 min. for al dente).
3. Add list #3, stir, cover and bring to a boil/melting. Stir one more time, pasta is ready for serving.