Tongues remind me of something good from my childhood, though they are still for sale in many shops. Usually a tongue (in shops or bakeries) has shape of big tongue with curvy edges. Well, I have simplified the shape, but cookies remain puffy and become even crispier than those from a shop. Recipe is extremely easy and very quick. Enjoy!
- 0,5 kg of non-yeast puff pastry dough
- ~100 g of sugar
1. Defrost the dough (I just put a package of dough out of freezer, in ~2-2,5 hours it will be ready).
2. Start preheating oven to 180°C.
3. Put dough on board, cover it with sugar and roll it. Don’t press rolling pin too hard – dough shouldn’t become thinner, you do it to make sugar stick more to dough.
4. Cut the dough the way you want and transfer «tongues» to baking sheet (covered with parchment paper).
If you don’t want them to be too puffy, prickle cookies with a fork/knife in several places.
5. Bake ~15 min. Watch the colour of cookies, they shouldn’t get burned.