This tomato sauce I use for pizza. Actually it’s a multipurpose sauce, so it can fit different dishes.
- 800 g of ripe tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic (~8 g)
- 1-2 tsp of dried basil leaves
- A pinch of black pepper
- A pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp of flavorless (or olive) oil
1. If one wants perfect tomato sauce, one needs to peel tomatoes. To peel them easily one needs to pour boiling water on tomatoes, then cold water and repeat this procedure several times.
But… I omit this step: I cut tomatoes in small pieces, so their skin doesn’t bother me.
2. Pour oil in a frying pan and put crushed garlic in oil. Fry garlic at maximum heat 1-2 min. Add the rest of ingredients and cover.
3. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer 30 min. stirring every 5 min. The only idea I have about keeping balance between evaporating excess liquid and saving kitchen from red mess is to put the lid this way:
If you want to use tomato sauce for pizza, you need to wait until it cools down.