Russian pancakes with creamy champignons are one of my favorite. Also you are free to combine work over filling with cooking pancakes.
Ingredients for pancakes:
- 0,5 l of milk
- 200 g of all purpose flour
- 2 big eggs
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 0,5 tsp of salt
- 4 tbsp of any flavorless oil
Ingredients for creamy mushrooms:
- 500 g of champignons
- 1 small onion bulb (50 g)
- 200 ml of cream, 20% fat
- 1 tsp of salt
- 0,5 tsp of grounded black pepper
- A pinch of dry granulated garlic
- 0,5 tsp of lemon juice
- 10 g of chopped dill or/and parsley leaves
- 100 g of grated cheese (of Edam, Gouda etc. kind)
1. Cook creamy mushrooms.
2. Make pancakes.
3. If you intend to use cheese, you will need to fry stuffed pancakes one more time to make the cheese melt. That’s why it would be more convenient to fold pancakes in any shape with closed ends (f.e. cylinders or rectangles).
If you don’t use cheese (the taste is rich enough so cheese can be easily omitted), pancakes don’t need to proceed special folding, and you are free to leave them like I did, see the first picture.