The idea of mouthwatering filling of cheese and salted cucumbers is so easy, but somehow it happened that none of my friends use this trick. Actually you can use only cheese & cucumbers, but you may also enrich the taste with some bacon and dill.
- 0,5 l of milk
- 200 g of all purpose flour
- 2 big eggs
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 0,5 tsp of salt
- 4 tbsp of any flavorless oil
- 300 g of Edam o Gouda cheese
- 150 g of salted cucumbers (no vinegar!)
- 150 g of raw smoked bacon
- 10 g of chopped dill leaves (and/or parsley if you like)
1. Cook pancakes.
2. Grate or dice cheese, slice cucumbers (the thinner the better), chop dill / parsley. Cut slices of bacon into squares. Fry bacon to achieve better taste (this can be omitted, at your wish).
3. Spread filling over a quarter of pancake, fold it twice and fry it at medium-low heat on a frying pan, where you have fried bacon, until the cheese melts down.
Also you may use microwave oven with the same purpose. But fried pancake, especially in liquid fat that was left from bacon, would be more delicious.