According to this recipe you will cook baked or fried pirozhki with tasty filling made of eggs and onion leaves. I offer 2 ways of cooking filling for this pastry – classic version and mine (which as usually is quicker & easier).
- 450 g + 1 tbsp of all purpose flour
- 50 ml of warm water (36-38°C)
- 250 ml of warm milk (36-38°C)
- 50 ml oil
- 1,5 tsp of dry yeast (of good quality)
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 0,5 tsp of salt
- 250 g of onion leaves (chives)
- 6 big eggs
- 0,5 tsp of grounded black pepper
- 0,75 tsp of salt
If you want to bake pirozhki, you will also need:
- 1 small egg (actually you need only 1/2 of it)
1. Detailed instruction how to make dough for pirozhki is here.
2. While the dough is rising, let’s cook the filling.
a. You need to boil eggs. Take a small pot, add water (enough to cover eggs), put 1 tsp of salt (in order to prevent cracking) and turn the stove on.
b. Bring eggs to a boil and boil them 8 min. Prepare a big pot with cold water (I use my basin for it). Take eggs out of boiling water and place them in cold water. Leave for 5 min. It will make the process of removing shell smoother.
c. While eggs are cooling down, cut chives.
d. Remove shell from eggs and dice them (I do it with a special device). Put eggs & onion leaves in a bowl, sprinkle with salt & pepper and mix well – the filling is ready.
Easy & quick version
This way is also good because you don’t need to think, where to put the rest half of egg (that one uses to glaze pirozhki prior to baking) – just add it to a pan!
a) Take non-stick frying pan, add some tasteless oil, break eggs, add half of salt and pepper and fry at high heat. When the lower part of eggs becomes white, fry constantly stirring until the eggs will be cooked through.
b) Switch off the stove and break big clumps – there’s not much labor, ‘cause they will fall apart on their own.
c) While eggs are cooling down, cut onion leaves. Add them & the rest of salt and pepper to eggs and mix well – the filling is ready.
Difference between fillings
3. Make 16 pirozhki from this amount of dough and filling and bake (or fry) them according to this instruction. I prefer oval shape for pirozhki with chives & eggs filling.