The idea of this delicious savory filling for pancakes I have found in a popular Russian fast-food chain “Teremok”. Their main products are pancakes with a big variety of sweet & savory fillings. Well, why should one go outside, when one can cook everything at home and save up to 70% of money?
I should confess – if I don’t have already cooked buzhenina, I never cook the entire recipe in 1 day. Yes, one can fry pancakes, while buzhenina is baked… but I find this too exhausting. Anyway, buzhenina can be stored in a fridge for more than a week. So usually I fry pancakes the next day. Also you have no need to stuff all the pancakes the same day (if you don’t have guests or a big family). You have at least 4 days to enjoy them.
Ingredients for pancakes:
- 0,5 l of milk
- 200 g of all purpose flour
- 2 big eggs
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 0,5 tsp of salt
- 4 tbsp of any flavorless oil
Ingredients for buzhenina (if you have buzheina, you’ll need 350-500 g of it):
- 800 g piece of pork (see criteria here)
- 1,25 tsp of salt
- 3 cloves of garlic (15-20 g)
- 0,5 tsp of freshly grounded pepper
- 50 g of non-sweet mayonnaise
- 50 g of prepared horseradish
- 25 g of tomato paste (it should contain nothing more than tomatoes, water, sugar & salt)
- 10 g of chopped dill & parsley
If we speak of pancakes served in “Teremok” there’s a variety of pancakes with buzhenina. So if you want, you can add these ingredients too. I usually stop on previous lists. Optional #2:
- 100-150 g of grated or sliced cheese like Edam, Gouda etc.
- Creamy mushrooms
1. Bake buzhenina.
3. Mix all ingredients for sauce, chop dill & parsley, slice buzhenina. To my taste – the thinner you slice, the better. At least 2-3 times thinner than in the first picture. But it’s a matter of taste.
4. Stuff pancakes that you intend to eat right now. Do it on a frying pan, so the pancake will have enough time to get a little crust. Avoid stuffing in advance as pancakes are more delicious, when they are warm (after microwave oven they are not that tasty as they could be).