I should confess, I couldn’t get rid of wish to use the sauce for Caesar salad in the other way. I do like this taste but eating Caesar salad every day seems to be boring. So that’s how I have changed the idea of Caesar’s dressing – I’ve turned it into garlic dressing with different spices and I’ve added some cabbage (it’s really good, if you want the sauce to play the main role). Sometimes I add tomatoes, but I should warn you – tomatoes change the taste.
- 200 g of cabbage
- 200 g of tomatoes (can be replaced with cabbage)
- ~100 g of garlic dressing
Ingredients for garlic dressing (you’ll make ~300 g of sauce):
- 2 big eggs
- 140 ml of flavorless oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp of mustard powder
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 0,5 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of grounded cumin
- 1 tsp of fried sesame seeds
- 7 tsp of vinegar, 6% (apple vinegar suits perfectly)
- 2 tsp of soy sauce
If you have medium-sized eggs, then add 20 ml more oil. Also you can replace cumin and sesame seeds with 2 tsp of oregano or other spices that you like, this way you will make your own unique sauce that perfectly suits your taste.
- Hand blender with classic blade-shaft
1. Put eggs in a cup and fill it with boiling water. Leave eggs for at least 1 min. in hot water.
2. Put the rest of dressing ingredients in blender glass, add eggs, remember to scrape out the rest of egg white out of the shell. Put blender in the glass, make sure that garlic cloves are right under the blade and switch it on. In less than 1 min. your garlic dressing will be ready.
You have no need to make garlic dressing every day, because it can be stored in a fridge up to 3 days.
3. Cut cabbage and tomatoes the way you like. Cabbage should stay crispy, so don’t squeeze it.
4. Put vegetables to a bowl and mix with dressing prior to serving.