If you put some strawberries in classic buttercream, you’ll get a new fresh taste: accurately follow the recipe and your strawberry buttercream will be ready in less than 10 minutes.
- 180 g of butter (82,5% fat)
- 125 g of sugar
- 200 g of fresh or frozen strawberry
- Hand blender (shaft with blades & shaft with whisk)
1. 1 hour before cooking take butter out of the fridge – you will need soft butter.
2. Put frozen strawberry in a cup or glass and defrost it in microwave oven (360 W, ~2 min). Avoid heating berries – they should stay fresh.
3. Spread sugar over strawberry, and make puree. Sugar should be dissolved. If you don’t want to have any pieces of strawberry (see the last picture of recipe) in your buttercream, filter puree rubbing it with a spoon through a sieve. I don’t filter puree, because berry pieces remind me of fresh strawberry.
4. Put soft butter in blender’s glass and whip butter with blender (shaft with whisk) ~2 min.
5- Add strawberry puree to butter and continue whipping until buttercream becomes homogeneous. ~2-4 min.
After you have decorated your cake (muffins, whatever) with strawberry buttercream, you should put it into fridge for at least 2 hours. Any buttercream is tasty only when it becomes cold.